Happy New Year! 2020… it feels so futuristic! I’m fairly sure we all thought we’d be zipping around on hoverboards and driving flying cars by now! That said, although we aren’t all speaking to each other as holograms and teleporting to work and back every day, it does feel to me that there’s magic in the air this year and I’m so excited for the next 12 months!
As we got nearer to the end of 2019 I started to feel really buzzy with thoughts of all the possibilities the new year holds, and so I thought I would set myself a list of goals – something I gave up doing a couple of years ago as I am the actual worst at achieving New Year’s Resolutions. I start with the best intentions in the world, then get distracted by life and they fall by the wayside. But, this year I want to actually do it!
That said, I’m only setting myself little goals – I’ve got to be realistic and I’m hoping that these more everyday tasks will be easier to achieve and have less chance of me losing sight of them… Let’s see!
- Start doing yoga at home
- Swap Poppy on to a raw diet
- Cook more healthy food (no more lazy food shops!)
- Keep a spreadsheet of our finances and update it every week
- Get outside and walk more
- Do a year of Alphabet Dating
- Drink less alcohol
- Start a proper skincare routine and stick to it!
- Do more jigsaws (and don’t give up when they get too hard)
- Make and maintain a vision board for the year
- Keep a nightly gratitude journal
- Visit 1 new pub each month for a roast dinner
- Lose 2 stone
- Blog regularly again (and don’t compare what I’m doing to others – it’s a hobby!)
- Read 40 books before the end of 2020 (you can see my Goodreads profile here)
- Exercise 2-3 times a week
- Find more ways to be eco-friendly
- Take out health insurance
- Set a wedding budget and begin saving
- Start to learn a new language (French or Greek)
- Plan a revamp for the back garden and start saving up for it
- Cook 1 new recipe a month
- Complete at least one 30 Day Challenge
- Overcome my fear of driving
- Start saving up to visit New York in 2021
- Donate to a food bank monthly
- Take a break from my desk each day and go for a walk
- Clear out my wardrobe and donate the clothes I don’t want anymore
- Start practicing meditation
- Get 2 more tattoos
- Complete at least one Futurelearn course
- Watch 40 new films
- Use the 1 Second Everyday app to make a video of my year
As I said, none of these are ground-breaking, but I think they’re all things that will enhance my every day life. I’ll update my progress throughout the year but I’m excited to get the ball rolling – here’s to a healthy, happy and fulfilling 2020!